Three Minimum Viable Games (MVGs) will be produced during the project execution before the final serious game-based training platform is completed.
The first MVG1 was launched on February 2018, as a low fidelity version or vertical slice (with basic art and features) of the farming module, which is the essence of the game based training. MVG1 is a nearly feature complete version of the farming module, where the user is able to experience the full core gameplay loop (the basic farming mechanics) in final quality, including also high quality graphics, animations, interface, audio etc.
As a player, you can set up NEW SCENARIOS (country, tile size, crop…) and proceed with basic farming operations, such as SOWING, IRRIGATION AND HARVESTING
The game also includes the description of 16 SMART FARMING TECHNOLOGIES related with sowing, irrigation, and harvesting that can be used in order to increase crop yield and/or irrigation efficiency.
MVG1 video tutorial: https://youtu.be/O_m4OdC3l9M
The second MVG2 was launched on October 2018, as an update version of MVG1, with improved algorithms and more appealing interface to the users. Specifically, the following additions/changes were made to GATES game:
- Updated GUI: Reduction of the number of clicks around between different sub screens. The most important aspects of the game are visible in the main screen (e.g. yield, product quality, nutrition etc.).
- Improved Algorithms
- Improved Scenario Creation Module
- Inclusion of Additional agricultural operations: Tillage and Fertilization.
- Updated in-game calendar
- Improved operation management
- Inclusion of real weather data from 5 countries (Greece, Spain, Germany, Serbia, and France)
- Mobile devices support: The new GUI was developed in such way in order the game to be easily playable for any type of device including mobile devices.
- Tag system and modifiable scenario description
You can now play the game at: http://gates.madaboutpandas.com/
And give us your feedback to improve GATES version at: https://survey.inosens.rs/
The third Minimum Viable Game (MVG3) of GATES game was launched in March 2019, based on MVG2 and the feedback of 2 validated learning processes.
- Link to MGV3: http://gates.agenso.gr
Compared to MVG2 the new version is more stable, the connectivity between the game and the backend has been established, and new features have been developed. Some of the new game functionalities in MVG3 are the following:
- GATES Main Story module: Within “Main Story” button the user is able to see 8 different scenarios. Each scenario has its own goal and explains different aspects of the game, which are:
- Learning the basics
- Smart Farming Services
- Precision Agriculture
- Sensors and Software
- Farm Economics
- Sensors and Software
- Orchards and vineyards
- Expanding the farm
Another novelty in Main Story module is GATES’ tutor, called “TRECTOR”, which helps the players throughout different scenarios.
- Farming Module. Some of the improvements in Farming module compared to MVG2 are the following:
- The environmental measurements given by SFTs (e.g. Soil Moisture Value) are visible to the players (if SFTs are bought by the player or rented)
- The calendar was improved and the weather forecast prediction for the next 5 days is being projected to the players.
- A statistics/economical module have been developed. In this module, the players can see a chart of their progress, the SFT impact (compared to conventional agriculture practices), their income/expenses and the market prices.
- Spraying operation has been included, as well as the capability of the game to simulate the infection probability to the crops.
- Addition of orchards and vineyards cultivations.
- Scenario Creator. By clicking on “My Scenarios” button, GATES users can modify the starting parameters, the conditions that have to be met in order the scenario to be successfully completed, as well as to create a Real Time Scenario, where real weather data and real weather forecast data can be selected by country.
- 3D Showcase. Another new addition of MVG3 is the 3D showcase, where the players can see the 3D models and the descriptions of various SFTs.
- SFT training module. The goal of this module is to make the players familiar with the Variable Rate Technologies and the usage of drones for retrieving crop status.
- Save/Load Functionality. Using this functionality the user can save his/her progress at the game, and to start the game from the point he had left.
- Dashboard. The purpose of this extra module is to provide the players with a central management from which users can register to the game, see their account details, manage their scenarios, retrieve scenario details and make the selected scenarios public.
- Library The first version of GATES Library is up and running and accessible by anyone at http://gates-library.agenso.gr/. Through it, the players gain access to several articles regarding SFTs, which are served in the form of a page structured with text, images and audio/visual material.
You can now play the game at: http://gates.agenso.gr/ And give us your feedback to improve GATES version at: https://survey.inosens.rs/
MVG3 video tutorials:
- 01_Gates_Account_Basics.mp4: It presents the basics on how to login and create a new account https://youtu.be/afOR62629T0
- 02_Gates_SFT_Showcase.mp4: This video presents the new module of the Smart Farming Technologies (SFT) showcase https://youtu.be/ZMcLZ3uxgIc
- 03_Gates_SFT_Training.mp4: This video presents the new SFT training module, which aims to show the basic principles behind some SFT. https://youtu.be/ULqvvx-I17o
- 04_GATES_Main_Story.mp4: This video presents the Main Story module where 8 scenarios have been created to explain different aspects of the game https://youtu.be/2LNHqU5L17I
- 05_My_Scenarios.mp4: This video presents how to create new custom scenarios to play the game https://youtu.be/R15NEsRsKo4
- 06_Gates_Realtime.mp4: This video presents how to play real time mode. https://youtu.be/47lSVRBOtNk
- 07. GATES Library.mp4: This video presents GATES library http://gates-library.agenso.gr/, where the player could access to multimedia information regarding the SFT. https://youtu.be/3efVcFCOxFU