GATES will provide the farmer community, Agricultural consultants and extension services, agronomical students and the SFT industry sales force an easy to use and understand gaming experience that will allow a first approach to the concept of SFT, their uses, available equipment and simulation on the adoption of such technologies.
GATES serious game training goals and skills to be transferred will be adapted to each type of player:
will absorb the applicability and potential for utilization of SFT from a systemic approach, as the game will allow them to acquire knowledge and skills on the collection, integration and interpretation of the information available from different sources in an interconnected way and through a multidisciplinary approach, allowing them to understand the environmental and economic benefits and the potential for utilization of SFT under different scenarios and with different approaches. Agronomy students playing the game will therefore go a step further in understanding the potential for SFT in complex and interconnected agricultural systems prior to setting out being the new professionals in the SFT value chain. Agricultural engineering students, through the Simulation” mode, will particularly be trained in:
- Acquire skills on the collection, integration and interpretation of the information available from different SFT sources
- Increase SFT scientific knowledge
- Increase knowledge on SFT equipment and services that can increase farm productivity
- Increase knowledge on the different SFT in the market and training on their market potential
will increase their knowledge on the different SFT in the market, thus being able to grasp the economic and environmental benefits derived from their utilization, which will allow them to fulfil their key technical and facilitating role by providing meaningful and up-to-date advice on the features and advantages of the different SFT available to the farmers. Through the “Main Story” and the “Become a SFT expert” game modes, agricultural advisors will particularly be trained in:
- Offer enhanced agronomic support and consultancy to farmers on the features and advantages of the different SFT available on the market.
- Increase knowledge on usage, configuration, set-up and benefits of different SFT equipment and services available on the market.
- Increase knowledge on how this SFT promotes efficient farm management and good agricultural practices.
will be able to increase their knowledge on the features and functioning of the SFT offered by their companies, while reducing the costs associated with real world training with the costly equipment needed for the implementation of SFT. This will allow SFT sales-force to absorb the unique selling points of their company’s SFT, while facilitating reaching a cutting edge in customers’ relationship management. Serious game will train them on:
- Different SFT equipment by learning its usage, configuration, set-up and benefits;
- How this SFT promotes efficient farm management and good agricultural practices;
- How information of this SFT is collected, integrated and interpreted;
- Market potential of this SFT and customers’ relationship management.
as users of SFT, will acquire the skills and knowledge needed for adopting these technologies through the training provided by agricultural advisors and the SFT industry. Through the “Main Story” and the “Become a SFT expert” game modes, farmers will particularly be trained in:
- Becoming familiar with SFT equipment and services available on the market by learning their usage, configuration, set-up and benefits.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge needed for adopting SFT, as well as for integrating the information available from different SFT equipment.
- Increase knowledge on good agricultural practices and efficient farm management.